Sunday, December 31, 2017

Cisco CCNP:300-115 - 1.4 Configure and verify trunking: 1.4.a VTPv1, VTPv2, VTPv3, VTP pruning

Recently I needed to renew my Cisco CCNPs, that is both CCNP Routing and Switching as well as CCNP Security. While working with Cisco products (well now they own SourceFire, so exclude these) is not within my daily duties, I still thought it was important for me to maintain these two credentials. As a result, I've put together my notes below focusing on the key points I used to study. I believe that someone else may find them useful.


      - Native VLANs
          - Ports configured with IEEE 802.1Q tagging can receive both tagged and untagged traffic
          - Switches forward untagged traffic in the native vlan by default
          - VLAN 1 is the native VLAN by default
          - The native VLAN can be assigned to any VLAN ID
          - Configuring the native VLAN can be done via:
                SW2(config-if)#switchport trunk native vlan 30
               
        

No comments:

Post a Comment