Sunday, December 31, 2017

Cisco CCNP:300-115 - 1.5.d EtherChannel misconfiguration guard

Recently I needed to renew my Cisco CCNPs, that is both CCNP Routing and Switching as well as CCNP Security. While working with Cisco products (well now they own SourceFire, so exclude these) is not within my daily duties, I still thought it was important for me to maintain these two credentials. As a result, I've put together my notes below focusing on the key points I used to study. I believe that someone else may find them useful.

          - Used to detect EtherChannel misconfiguration if the switch is running PVST+, rapid PVST+ or MSTP
          - Works by looking at the Port-ID of the incoming BPDU from the adjacent switch
          - The bundle interfaces uses one mac-address
          - The entire port-channel goes into "err-disabled" state when there is an error relating to these received mac-address
          - A message is also sent
          - To configure EtherChannel misconfiguration guard, use:
              - SW1(config)#spanning-tree etherchannel guard misconfig

References:
http://tsbates.com/blog/layer-2-etherchannels/

No comments:

Post a Comment